For the last few months I have been doing these reflection posts after being inspired by Rosie’s. Taking time each month to reflect on the good things that happen each day/week/month has done wonders for my ability to actually stop and notice the good stuff.
Ten Things I Loved In November
Things I/We Did
1. Celebrated my niece’s marriage. Saw my whole family in one place and a new city at the same time. Beautiful wedding and lots of family connection. Plus a photo booth.
2. Dug deep into The Gifts of Imperfection ecourse with Brene Brown.
3. Worked with Nikki Stern, Holistic Health Coach. Hello, patterns. Hello, vegetables at breakfast. Hello, soup. Who knew I needed you so much? So much great information in a relatively short amount of time.
If you struggle with self-care especially around food, I highly recommend working with Nikki.
4. Worked with a private yoga client setting up a home practice as well as practices to do at work, to transition from work to home and more. As it turns out, I love working with clients one-on-one and helping them incorporate yoga into their busy lives on their terms.
5. Reconnected with Out of Town Friends! You know you have great visits when no one takes photos. Too much talking and hugging.
Products and Services I Dug:
6. Instagram! I got a (yellow – omg! it’s so cute!) iPhone 5c and exactly 3 minutes after I got it, I wasn’t sure how I ever lived without it. Then I got my first bill and I remembered. OUCH. But then I look at all the pretty on Instagram and I’m better. Kinda an emotional roller coaster, but I think I’m good now.
Books I Can Highly Recommend:
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I am totally going to miss Harry, Ron and Hermonie and all the awesomeness of Hogwarts.
I get it now. I’m so glad I finally read this series.
8. Fire Starter Sessions by Danielle LaPorte. This book (or Danielle LaPorte) isn’t for everyone. And not for every time in your life. But if you are on the precipice of making some big changes, this book can help.
Real talk: I’ve tried reading this book three other times and it didn’t work for me. I came back to it because of the video series and POW! This time was the real deal.
I highly recommend it, but would caution that this book is one that needs to be read slowly and with a highlighter in your hand. Good stuff.
9. The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown. Courage, Compassion, Connection. Re-reading it for a course and wow. I’m feeling it this time much deeper.
Watch this video. It will change you life. Then pass it on and consider it your public service.
10. Self-Compassion by Kristin Neff, PhD. The 3 core components of self-compassion: 1. self-kindness 2. common humanity 3. mindfulness. Seriously, life-changing.
Videos I Fell For: .
Convos With My Two Year Old.
My life in a nutshell.
Hackschooling Makes Me Happy.
I want to be this kid when I grow up. (Thanks to DavidG for posting on FB).
So what are you loving lately? I’m always on the lookout for what is delicious in food, drink, fashion, and life. Leave me your favorites in the comments or write a post of your own and link back here.
If you enjoyed this post, get email updates (it’s FREE).
Image Source: I took these pictures. Please do not use them.