February seems like a good idea on paper. It’s got at least two school holidays, daylight is getting longer, and there are only three and a half more months of school.
And yet, I’ve been kind of grumpy all month. Go figure.
Instead of leaving a trail of complaints why February sucks, the following is a short list of things about February that don’t.
- We started the Money unit at school and students LOVE earning money for their hard work. They are decidedly less enthusiastic about paying for not working, however motivation is at an all time high right now.
- I love teaching yoga! Who knew that something that scared me so much so recently could turn out to be so fulfilling?
- My amazing sweetheart surprised me with a very sweet valentine – a little certificate for lunch and a foot massage – by hiding it in the cat food bag while he was away and I actually found it on Valentine’s Day.
- Acro-yoga was super fun, even when working with a complete stranger. We met during the middle of the class and managed to laugh all afternoon. She’s the one I’m helping into handstand in the photo.
- One of my best friends is moving into a house with a SWIMMING POOL! Fishes like me, love them some swimming pools!
- Three Feet High and Rising.
- One of my other friends took me to her very fancy gym this week for a spa day. Steam, sauna, and soak – with towel service.
- The movie Crazy Heart.
- Seeing Rhett Miller play and being in the front row.
- Reading the Fluent Self and other excellent blogs make me happy.
- Possibility of summer road trips with friends for more yoga and general all around fun times.
- Anticipating seeing my amazingly wonderful friends from junior high over Zachary’s Pizza and a cocktail or two.
What about YOUR February isn’t sucking? Remind me why this month doesn’t totally blow. (That’s your clue to leave me a comment, so I don’t feel like I’m talking to myself.)
Today’s yoga brought to you by the home practice! It’s a half-marathon training day.
Today’s music is Closer to the Bone by Kris Kristofferson.
Don’t forget FREE Fridays at 4:30 with the new It’s All Yoga teachers (21st and X in Sacramento) – you’ve got to sign up online www.itsallyoga.com.
I’m teaching 3/5/10 – so mark your calendar.
For the month of February, I’m teaching a Level 1/2 on Mondays at 5:45. Come join me.