Recently I took a yoga workshop with Mary Paffard about living with a serene heart. The basic message is that as a culture we’re too ambitious with our time and we need to make conscious choices about slowing down in order to care for ourselves properly.
She advocated staying home and staying in bed all day when you aren’t sick.
I couldn’t agree more.
After my excellent massage, I checked my calendar and saw that every single Saturday for the forseeable future was booked.
Except this one.
It was now or never. I had to take my chance at Pajama Day before all my weekend days got away from me.
Saturday I spent all day in my pajamas. At midday I took a shower and put on clean pajamas.
No, I wasn’t sick. Remember this project is to help me not get sick.
What did I do all day?
- wrote my weekly music roundup
- read my blog comments and responded to my awesome readers
- listened to music
- listened to Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me while eating chocolate in bed – 2 Sacramento mentions!
- watched an episode of GLEE (!)
- watched Enlighten Up (loved it!)
- read Havi’s brilliant blog – The Fluent Self
- Facebooked with some friends about them joining me in Pajama Day
- practiced yoga in my kitchen
- read the newspaper
- read a book
- ordered books from the library
By bedtime on Saturday I was sleepy enough to go to bed at regular bedtime. I slept like a baby until morning and by Sunday evening I actually felt rested and ready for work.
I hope to have another Pajama Day soon. I look forward to hearing about yours.
Today’s yoga brought to by Laura (one of my teacher training classmates!) at It’s All Yoga in Sacramento.
Today’s music is Stay Positive by The Hold Steady.
Remember to come back each Tuesday I’ll share an easy, nutritious recipe so you can join me in the home-cooked self-care.
Also don’t forget FREE Fridays at 4:30 with the new It’s All Yoga teachers (21st and X in Sacramento) – you’ve got to sign up online www.itsallyoga.com.