For the last few months I have been doing these reflection posts after being inspired by Rosie’s. Taking time each month to reflect on the good things that happen each day/week/month has done wonders for my ability to actually stop and notice the good stuff.
Ten Things I Loved In July
Things I/We Did
1. We skipped fireworks on the 4th. Best decision we made all year. It was 110 degrees. Instead we stayed inside and watched March of the Penguins and ate popcorn and popsicles. Too hot!
2. Read books on the hammock in the shade. I am unclear as to why I, the person who loves hammocks most, has never had her own hammock until now. It’s officially the thing I can’t believe I ever lived without.
3. Sang karaoke at my 25th high school reunion. Attention all reunion planners! Having a silly activity for people to do that isn’t drinking copious amounts of booze at a reunion is such a good idea. I know it would take copious amounts of booze for lots of people to sing karaoke, I just don’t happen to be one of those people anymore.
4. Talked at so many faces I love. I am totally sold on the whole video chat thing-a-bob. You know how I like to be late to the party, this is just another example of my state of the art lifestyle.
5. Spontaneous road trip to Truckee/Donner with my college roomie/bestie and daughter. She lives in Nashville, so this was a serious treat. Our girls got to hang out and mountain air can pretty much fix anything.
Products and Services I Dug:
6. Cabana Club South – we’ve been there most days for dinner this month and it’s pretty much changed our lives. You know those terrible hours between dinner and bedtime with a two-year old? A dip in the pool makes life better for everyone. I highly recommend it!
Books I Can Highly Recommend:
7. Mindset by Carol Dweck
8. Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon
In My Blog Reader
9. 11 Things I Wish Every Parent Knew – That spiritual teacher thing is so completely spot on, I just had to share.
10. Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee The latest episode is with SNL cutie, Seth Meyers. He is adorable. Also, the Alec Baldwin episode made me laugh so hard I cried.
Do you wish you could end the school year feeling as energized as you started it?
Is recovering from the school year going to take most of your summer?
Are you ready to press reset but have no idea where that button is?
The Healthy, Happy, Sane Teacher: Sustainable Self-Care for A Successful School Year is that reset button.
Class starts in September – just in time for the new school year. Click here to register.
So what are you loving lately? I’m always on the lookout for what is delicious in food, drink, fashion, and life. Leave me your favorites in the comments or write a post of your own and link back here.
Image Source:Ellen chillin in my hammock by jmayer1129 on Flickr (cc)
The Alec Baldwin episode was hilarious! He is brilliant. Thanks for the link.
Marie: It made me love Alec Baldwin again. He is just so funny.