For the last few months I have been doing these reflection posts after being inspired by Rosie’s. Taking time each month to reflect on the good things that happen each day/week/month has done wonders for my ability to actually stop and notice the good stuff.
Ten Things I Loved In August
Things I/We Did
1. Spontaneous trip to the steam train at Tilden. On a Tuesday. Back home before three. I’ve been having a serious love affair with the Bay Area recently. I don’t see it coming to a close any time soon.
2. . Sing along with Rhett Miller at a campground AND slept in a fancy tent. No, not like that. He played at a campground in the tavern and then we (me and my friend) slept in the most comfortable bed in the history of beds. In a fancy tent. If sleeping outside was always this comfortable, I’d do it more often.
3. Visited Big Sur for the first time. How is this even possible as a native Californian? Too busy in the Muir Woods, Mt. Tam, Stinson Beach area I guess. I will return again though. Well, if Rhett plays there again.
4. Ran in the waves with my favorite girl at Navarro Beach with grandpa and the hubs. Girlfriend LOVES the beach, the waves, the birds, the sand. We had a blast running into and out of the waves for hours.
5. Celebrated 18 years together with my dude. 18 YEARS. We ate burritos and took a dip in the pool, of course.
Products and Services I Dug:
6. Take 10. Meditation app – 10 days for 10 minutes. Guided meditation. It practically has a gold star chart.
Books I Can Highly Recommend:
7. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I’ve also been watching the movies and I’m way less of a fan. Makes sense, but I’m still a little disappointed.
8. Daring Greatly by Brene Brown. You also may want to check out her Life Class with Oprah.
9. Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger. Loved this video with him and Marie Forleo.
Videos I Fell For: .
Do you wish you could end the school year feeling as energized as you started it?
Did it take most of the summer to recover from the school year?
Have you already started school and are already stressed out?
Are you ready to press reset but have no idea where that button is?
The Healthy, Happy, Sane Teacher: Sustainable Self-Care for A Successful School Year is that reset button.
Class starts in September – just in time for the new school year. Click here to register.
So what are you loving lately? I’m always on the lookout for what is delicious in food, drink, fashion, and life. Leave me your favorites in the comments or write a post of your own and link back here.