Today I returned to work after more than two weeks off. The real self-care challenge begins now that I’ve been pushed out of the comfy nest of my house back into the real world.
I’m happy to report that the self-care plan continued!
Setting limits on pre-work screen time helped me start the day without being late, nutritious food kept me fueled and recognizing that my students work at a way slower pace the first day from vacation helped me ease back into work more smoothly than in the past.
Today’s music link: Camera Obscura.
Today’s yoga brought to you by It’s All Yoga in Sacramento.
In the coming weeks I’ll be adding some regular posts on yoga and self-care. Topics I’m thinking about are:
- A weekly music round-up
- Yoga props and how I use them
- My favorite yoga and/or poetry books
- Nourishing, yet tasty and easy recipes
- Self-massage tips (keep it clean, people!)
- General self-care ideas
- Anything else you are interested in. Just let me know what you are interested in reading.
One of my supportive commenters, Mamasattva, asked for music links. You ask and you shall receive!