For the last few months I have been doing these reflection posts after being inspired by Rosie’s. Taking time each month to reflect on the good things that happen each day/week/month has done wonders for my ability to actually stop and notice the good stuff.
Ten Things I Loved In April
Things I/We Did
1. Pixie! Good god, I love a dramatic before and after. Don’t you? My hair was getting so long and was constantly being pulled into a messy pony tail. Not exactly the look I was going for. Now I feel like I look like myself again. Weird, but true. If you are in need of a hair make over, my best girl Tari, is your gal. She is an artist.
2. Showed up for a friend. Have you ever thought your presence might not matter? I’m here to tell you it does. The look on my heartbroken friend’s face when I showed up after her brother’s funeral made the long drive worth it. I couldn’t not go, you know? Being there for friends sometimes means actually being there.
3. Spontaneous road/day trip to Lake Tahoe. Can you say beautiful? Oh my goodness, I was reminded how much pine trees and mountain air contribute to my happiness. Bonus being there with one of my besties who jumped right into the chase the toddler game.
4. Dramatically improved the quality of my sleep. My ridiculously expensive night guard from the dentist got fixed this month and I started wearing it consistently and I have been experiencing the deepest, most restful sleep possibly of my entire life as a result. Honestly, I thought they were full of it, but this is the real deal. My jaw feels great when I wake up and I’m so much better rested. Who knew?
5. Restorative yoga class, as in I took one. 75 delicious minutes of fully supported relaxation. Perfection.
Products and Services I Dug:
6. Tari at Parlour By The Park. My girl, Tari, always works magic with my hair. She can do the same for you. If you’re looking to update your look or completely change it up (maybe even cut it all off!), Tari can make you look better than you thought possible. Give her a call. She’s works some serious magic.
7. SwapAsana at It’s All Yoga. We swap clothes, shoes and accessories twice a year; once in April and again in October. I always score tons of cute stuff and other people tell me they love bringing my stuff home, so it’s a win/win. If you’re interested in coming to the next SwapAsana, be sure to follow It’s All Yoga on Facebook. And if you life outside of Sacramento, you can always host a swap of your own. It’s way less work than you’d think.
8. Cozi.com. I missed an eyebrow appointment and we had a parent double booking this month. Clearly, it was time we started using a family calendar. Cozi came recommended from Hollee at Good Enough is the New Perfect and Asha from Parenthacks – so we decided to try it. This free app is pretty much changing our lives. No more missed appointments, double booked parents or forgotten shopping lists.
In My Blog Reader
9. Thug Kitchen. A perfect blend of easy vegan cuisine and filthy language. I wish I would have thought of this! If you have ever spoken to me in the reals (and are not a child), you have heard an f-bomb of seven fall from my lips. What can I say? I swear like a limited vocabulary sailor. Dairy free fo life!
10. Ditch the Haters from Brittany and Tahn. So much wisdom and vulnerability to learn from here. So happy to hear not only did she turn down the date with the cute, mean guy, but told him why. Change your story, change your life indeed.
So what are you loving lately? I’m always on the lookout for what is delicious in food, drink, fashion, and life. Leave me your favorites in the comments or write a post of your own and link back here.
Image Source: Meadow, 05/1972. by The U.S. National Archives on Flickr
I finally went to the hairdresser a couple of weeks ago. The amount of hair that would come out in the shower became unbearable. But I couldn’t chop much off, much as I love the thought of it, I just so like my messy ponytail bun thing.
I think I am inspired to get back to my 20 minute daily yoga thing. My body feels so good when I am doing it, and I’ve been sitting at the computer more lately and I can feel it in my legs. Thanks for the inspiration.
My current obsessions are the TV show Bones, friendship (as in, growing my tribe and also learning more about relationships and how to be better in them), and tulips.
Hey girl! Thanks for the bloglove!! I’m so glad you liked that post.
And I like your new blog template! :)
Such a great post and lesson!
I’m digging the new look too. Thanks for noticing.
Sounds like you had a lovely month! We started using Cozi about a year ago. It’s helped all of us a lot. I love your new do and yea for Lake Tahoe with a friend!
Here’s to a great May!
kristen: thanks for coming by and yes, it was a great month. cozi! i don’t think i’ll ever miss another appointment. i’m so glad i cut my hair off, especially now that it’s so hot. yay for may!