For the last few months I have been doing these reflection posts after being inspired by Rosie’s. Taking time each month to reflect on the good things that happen each day/week/month has done wonders for my ability to actually stop and notice the good stuff.
Ten Things I Loved In May
Things I/We Did
1. Solo parented for a whole weekend. I know people do this ALL THE TIME, but I don’t. I was super scared for months before and then my friends stepped up and totally helped this mama out and life was fun. Yes, we missed papa. But now I know I can take care of Little Girl if necessary.
2. Night swimming. Have I ever told you how much I love swimming pools? Seriously, my happy place.
3. Taught a yoga teacher training class. The weird/awesome part was they were upright and taking notes. These days when I teach, I’m usually looking at napping-ish faces.
4. Faced some internal demons. A long, ongoing process, but I’m feeling hella proud of myself that I’m taking these beginning steps to put this mess to bed already. Trauma be gone!
5. Announced The Healthy, Happy, Sane Teacher. Have you hear about my partnership with Rosie Molinary? O!M!G! I can’t remember ever being this excited about a project. This is a class I’d want to take and I hope you do too.
Products and Services I Dug:
6. Delta Workshop is opening soon! I got to sneak peek because the owner is awesome and I know one of the artists being featured in the shop.
7. Google docs, reader, etc. I can’t even remember life before.
In My Blog Reader
9. Rockstar In The Classroom AND In Your Life. First post on the Healthy, Happy, Sane Teacher blog. Have you read it yet?
10. Web Time Wasters – Sarah from Yes and Yes finds amazing links every week. And every week I click through. You should too! It’ll be fun.
Are you a teacher or know one who loves teaching, but wants to have more work balance in their life? Have you heard about The Healthy, Happy, Sane Teacher: Sustainable Self-Care for A Successful School Year? Check it out!
So what are you loving lately? I’m always on the lookout for what is delicious in food, drink, fashion, and life. Leave me your favorites in the comments or write a post of your own and link back here.