A first day of school tradition!
1. My favorite book growing up.
2. Now my favorite read aloud.
3. Why is it so great you ask? There is yelling, suspense, begging, and some awesome kid humor.
4. So many opportunities for changing voices and making a connection with my students right away.
5. Strange fact: I keep a concert ticket (Pearl Jam/Rolling Stones 1997) in this book. It’s been there since my first day of teaching. I always tell the kids it’s a sign of my trust to keep it there.
What are your favorite books from childhood?
A GIVEAWAY! Have you entered to win Tales from the Yoga Studio yet? Click here to see how to be entered.