For the last few months I have been doing these reflection posts after being inspired by Rosie’s. Taking time each month to reflect on the good things that happen each day/week/month has done wonders for my ability to actually stop and notice the good stuff.
Ten Things I Loved In September
Things I/We Did
1. Sacramento Free Day of Yoga – Full house in my class with almost every person being brand new to restorative yoga. Love that people (about 1,700) were trying new studios, classes and teachers. A day full of love and rest.
2. Played at the park in a rain storm on Labor Day. It NEVER rains on Labor Day in Sacramento and it did this year and it was kinda perfect. Little Girl looked up in the sky from the sandbox and shouted, “Mama, rain! Mama, rain!”
3. Finished Take15 meditation program with Headspace. And started Take 20. I have been trying to formalize my meditation practice FOR YEARS and with the help of this program, I can honestly say it is becoming a regular part of my life. I took the plunge and bought a year’s subscription, so we’ll see where I am next August.
4. Enrolled in Parent Education Preschool. I’m the student and Little Girl comes with so I can learn from her and all the other little ones. We’re learning positive discipline, what to do with anger (hers and mine), how tiny people learn and develop and lots of fun age appropriate activities. The teachers are AH-MAY-ZING. Easily the most enjoyable 2 hours of my week.
5. Cooked up a storm thanks to the meal planning and life scheduling instruction in The Healthy, Happy, Sane Teacher. Is it weird I’m doing the program while I am teaching it?
Whatever. This is life changing stuff. Why should those enrolled be the only ones who benefit?
Interested in what we’ve been chowing down on lately? I’m meal planning on Pinterest usually on Tuesdays. Check out my This Week’s Menu board for what we’re currently eating and my Recipes to Make Again board for meals we’ve enjoyed so much we’ll be eating them again. We’re mostly vegan eats at home because I’m allergic to dairy and the hubs is vegetarian.
Products and Services I Dug:
6. The post scheduling feature on Facebook pages. Who knew? Thanks to Smaggle I am now in the loop.
Do any of you have any other little tidbits of information you think everyone already knows? I could use some more life hacks. Obviously.
Books I Can Highly Recommend:
7. Seating Arrangments by Maggie Shipstead
8. Last Letters From Your Lover by Jojo Moyes.
9. Get Some Headspace: How Mindfulness Can Change Your Life in 10 Minutes a Day by Andy Puddicombe. At some point, I’ll stop talking about Headspace and meditation. Or not.
Videos I Fell For: .
10. Olive Us. Design Mom’s kids have a series and it is inspiring. I would like to be in the Blair family please.
BONUS! Good Life Project with Jonathan Fields. I’ve been listening to the podcasts on my Bay Area trips. Makes my time on the road fly by.
So what are you loving lately? I’m always on the lookout for what is delicious in food, drink, fashion, and life. Leave me your favorites in the comments or write a post of your own and link back here.
If you enjoyed this post, get email updates (it’s FREE).